Oxford Shoes

In the UK, the term Oxford is often used to mean a toe cap shoe but the term actually refers to the way the shoe closes. If a shoe has a simple slit in the top of the shoe, with eyelets either side that pull together with laces, then you can call it an Oxford. The eyelets are fastened on the underside of the vamp instead of on top. This gives the appearance that there really are no eyelets at all. What you see from the top of the shoe are the holes through which the laces pass.

This creates a classic and elegant look uninterrupted by small, metal rings. They are called Oxfords because students of Oxford University like to wear them beginning from the XVII century. Today they are an element of the official shoe style. Dolce&Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger and many other brands produce them. Usually black patent leather is used to make modern Oxfords for men. Shoes for women may be of different colours, have some decorations and high heels.

to be continued…

Запись опубликована в рубрике Без рубрики. Добавьте в закладки постоянную ссылку.

Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован.